[HadenTheCreeper] -Surge- [HadenTheCreeper] -Surge-

This song has very good vibe to it. Here and there, there are a few instruments that sound out of place to me, but overall pretty nice.

Mixing/Mastering is a little bit lacking, I think I can even hear a few parts clipping a little bit. It's not a deal breaker though.

In conclusion, Cool song.

Colored Sky Colored Sky

This is a very lovely song. Mixing is pretty good, but after 1:30 it looses most of the bass, and it turns sort of unsatisfying. The first part of the song is so enjoyable and that second part (1:30 onward) would be too if the bass stuck around, because the composing sounds good in that second part as well.

littlelamp100 responds:

thanks for the feedback :D
mastering should improve soon because i'm planning on getting studio monitors (ATH-M50x)

One night away One night away

01:15 is pretty much the only point where I'd say your mixing mastering was lacking. It felt kinda muddy and it was pretty tiring to listen to that part. I was going to say it's the sub bass, but the later parts that are similar for some reason don't share this problem. So make of that what you will.

This song kinda feels separated from it's own elements. Most of the time I keep thinking that this was originally just a piano solo instrumental, but then you slapped a dnb beat and a sub bass on to it. And while that can work just fine, I feel this song didn't really do that great. I'm also pretty sure that is not how the song was made, but that is just how it felt to me.

Also since the piano is such a huge part of this song, I would've really wanted hear more dynamics in it's playing, because at times it does really feel flat.

I have to admit my bias though, I'm generally not a fan of solo instrumental music (which again this song is not, but I can't get over the feeling that it is), so take all of this with a grain of salt.

BlastBeats responds:

I actually made the first 10s first. I loved the harmony, so I proceeded, made some drums. They are too punchy, but I was really happy with them for some reason. So I combined the two. I made the chorus, still being happy about myself, because I made a supersaw (wow...). It went so smoothly compared to my other songs, that I forgot about the flaws.

The supersaw didn't fit the timbre of the other instruments, and I completely mixed it the wrong way. Hence it sounds painfully intensive. Also the piano has a lot of warmth, because the experiment in this track was "how do I make a song with a piano as my bass?" I might have made it too warm.

The main focus of the track was harmonies of layers. So no slapping happened :P

I have to keep in mind what you said, because I'd love to experiment more with removing flatness from instruments. Thanks a lot for reviewing!

Sky Streaks Sky Streaks

I like the melody. Sound design however is not good at times, but at other times it's okay.

The melody sound that is present right from the beginning, is one of those which at first I don't like, but in some parts of the song, it feels a lot more fitting, but in other parts it again sounds not so great. Also it really sounds like default sound from a vst or something, but that might be just me.

The beats and drums you used in this song are often not so great, mainly due to sound design or mixing. That kick, sounds really muddy, and while it does have a bit of punch when it's louder, that is when it kind drowns out the other parts of the song.

After a few listens, I found out that really the best parts of the song are the ones where the drums aren't playing. So I suggest you look more in to mixing, so your drums and beats will sound more clear and better fit the song your doing.

BeeFef responds:

I admit that this isn't my best song. More than one person mentioned that kick, and I think it's not punchy enough with everything over the top of it, and it's not my favorite sample either for that reason.

Yeah, I should have put more effort into polishing the song as well as make it so that my drums are well-designed and no too loud. Drums being too loud is a problem in more than one of my songs, and I guess you would think that this isn't an exception.

I can think of even more problems than this with my songs which I'm not proud of, but thanks for the review! Helps me out a little!

harambe preview harambe preview

The melody stuff is all pretty good, but that bass and that beat, are really unsatisfactory.

The bass seems to not be in sync with the beat or really anything else in the song.
The beat just lacks tightness/punch

(Phantom Limb) (Phantom Limb)

The drums and the beats are really nice.

The guitar sounds really dry and I didn't really find most of the guitar stuff to be that interesting other than for short moments through out the song.

Safehouse Safehouse

Your biggest CRIME is that you don't allow downloads, because damn you, I love this and I want it on my computer so I can listen to it at any time.

I love the fact that you said Darkstep and instead of me hearing some dupstep related music, it's actually the real Darkstep stuff. Thank you for keeping the dream of darkstep alive.

Sounds very similar to other darkstep songs I've heard before, but still this is good. Nothing to complain about the mix either.

So... good job!

Demon-Wolf responds:

Kids nowadays don't know 'bout darkstep.

Thanks for the kind words.

Oppression Method Oppression Method

Wow, a song tagged under techno that actually is something that resembles techno. My hat goes off to you for that.

Other than that, really nice chill atmosphere with the more ambient sounds. The beat proceeds nicely through the song. Mixing/mastering, it's good, I wouldn't be surprised if I heard this on the radio or something. Overall very pleasant to listen to.

Unity Paradox - Hyper Unity Paradox - Hyper

I'm not that big of a fan of really happy music, so I can't really comment on the melody.

Having two different lead sounds would help with the repetitiveness, since that one lead sound plays pretty much all the time. Just having a few parts where the lead doesn't play or has a new sound, can do wonders.

The drums are a bit unbalanced. I can only really hear the kick and cymbals, as for clap/snare I can't hear almost at all.

Other than that, good job.

Unity-Paradox responds:

Thanks for your feedback, I'm really trying to work on that stuff as it is, so try to expect something better when I make my next track ;)

Mannequins Mannequins

That is a very nice track.

The dark/evil/angry vibe is always fun when it's done right, and your sound choices fit that vibe very well.

Leelius responds:

I am very glad to hear I struck something! Thank you very much for commenting