Luigi's Wonderland Luigi's Wonderland

rolf

i was actualy wating for mario to join luigi after that face would have been funny=?

Xionic Madness 3 Xionic Madness 3

=))))

if somebody would make a live movie out of madness there would be no way that it coulkd be fucked up but seriosly this is the best madness series =) good story and perfect action audio and other stuff.

[HadenTheCreeper] -Surge- [HadenTheCreeper] -Surge-

This song has very good vibe to it. Here and there, there are a few instruments that sound out of place to me, but overall pretty nice.

Mixing/Mastering is a little bit lacking, I think I can even hear a few parts clipping a little bit. It's not a deal breaker though.

In conclusion, Cool song.

Colored Sky Colored Sky

This is a very lovely song. Mixing is pretty good, but after 1:30 it looses most of the bass, and it turns sort of unsatisfying. The first part of the song is so enjoyable and that second part (1:30 onward) would be too if the bass stuck around, because the composing sounds good in that second part as well.

littlelamp100 responds:

thanks for the feedback :D
mastering should improve soon because i'm planning on getting studio monitors (ATH-M50x)

One night away One night away

01:15 is pretty much the only point where I'd say your mixing mastering was lacking. It felt kinda muddy and it was pretty tiring to listen to that part. I was going to say it's the sub bass, but the later parts that are similar for some reason don't share this problem. So make of that what you will.

This song kinda feels separated from it's own elements. Most of the time I keep thinking that this was originally just a piano solo instrumental, but then you slapped a dnb beat and a sub bass on to it. And while that can work just fine, I feel this song didn't really do that great. I'm also pretty sure that is not how the song was made, but that is just how it felt to me.

Also since the piano is such a huge part of this song, I would've really wanted hear more dynamics in it's playing, because at times it does really feel flat.

I have to admit my bias though, I'm generally not a fan of solo instrumental music (which again this song is not, but I can't get over the feeling that it is), so take all of this with a grain of salt.

BlastBeats responds:

I actually made the first 10s first. I loved the harmony, so I proceeded, made some drums. They are too punchy, but I was really happy with them for some reason. So I combined the two. I made the chorus, still being happy about myself, because I made a supersaw (wow...). It went so smoothly compared to my other songs, that I forgot about the flaws.

The supersaw didn't fit the timbre of the other instruments, and I completely mixed it the wrong way. Hence it sounds painfully intensive. Also the piano has a lot of warmth, because the experiment in this track was "how do I make a song with a piano as my bass?" I might have made it too warm.

The main focus of the track was harmonies of layers. So no slapping happened :P

I have to keep in mind what you said, because I'd love to experiment more with removing flatness from instruments. Thanks a lot for reviewing!